Designing your dream coastal home requires a careful blend of elegance, aesthetics, and functionality to evoke a sense of serenity. Drawing inspiration from the sand, sky, and water will give your home the perfect touch! Here’s what you need to know to inspire trendy ideas for your coastal home.
Creating a Coastal Bedroom Oasis
A coastal bedroom can be turned into an oasis with many different touches and flairs. Check out these examples:
- Neutral Colors. Carefully selecting your color palette will make all the difference in the ambiance of your rooms. Soft neutral colors like cream, beige, and gray, in addition to the traditional blue and white, mimics the beauty of the beach.
- Sustainable Furniture. Furniture pieces from sustainably sourced materials are not only environmentally friendly but will complete the look of your bedroom. If you are looking for a natural theme, a rattan headboard and a seagrass sofa for reading are simple pieces to consider.
- Comfortable Bedding. Embrace high-quality cotton and linen bedding for a relaxed sleep. Throwing a down comforter over yourself at night can transport you to shore.
- Natural Lighting. Having large windows gives the room an open and airy feel. Avoid blocking the windows with any furniture pieces. You can maximize your exposure to light and air by finding custom windows of your liking.
- Storage Spaces. Your coastal bedroom should not feel cluttered or claustrophobic. Having minimal furniture will expand your personal space. Organize your room with coastal-style benches, cabinets, and wardrobes.
The Perfect Coastal Kitchen
The kitchen is really where the magic happens, and you can design your coastal kitchen to include these features:
- Open Shelving. Give your kitchen a modern touch with open shelving. You can incorporate natural materials for the shelves, such as wood. Having open shelves is a great idea for displaying ceramics, books, or houseplants. You can also store frequently used items on the shelves so that they are easy to reach.
- Natural Elements. Incorporate natural elements in the design of your kitchen. Natural materials, such as wicker, bamboo, and rattan, function well in a coastal kitchen. Woven wicker bar stools and wood flooring will add earthiness to the overall design.
- Bright Colors. Choose bright colors to enhance the airiness of the space. Shades of white or cream for your backsplash reflect natural light. Painting the walls white will complement brightly colored cabinets, too.
- Pretty Patterns. You can never go wrong with a classic nautical design to complete your beach aesthetic. Patterns on chairs or stools contrast with white walls or cabinets. This design element will give your kitchen a personalized touch.
- Less is More. Giving your coastal kitchen a minimalist design creates an uncluttered feel. The kitchen should be an inviting and spacious room. Make mealtimes enjoyable through an open, airy space.
Coastal Dining Chairs and More
When selecting coastal dining chairs, consider comfort and style. You can purchase statement pieces for a more luxurious aesthetic or stick with natural materials that reflect a simple vibe. Some ideas for lightweight materials are rattan or wicker. Don’t forget to get creative with your dining space!
Whether you are hosting dinner parties indoors or outdoors, find dining chairs that are durable. Having chairs that are suitable for both will be made of quality material.
What About Coastal Bar Stools?
Yes, coastal bar stools are also a great option for your home. Create a beach-inspired bar area in your kitchen with them. Consider stools made with natural elements, such as wicker, to enhance the overall coastal feel.
All in all, having comfortable bar stools will make all the difference in your cozy kitchen.
Ready for Coastal Decor in Your Home?
Jill Shevlin has been offering full-service luxury interior design in the Vero Beach Area since 2001. If you are ready to upgrade your home and make your dream home come true, get in touch with us here. We offer high-end custom designs to our clients.